Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Humbly His

Humility is a virtue we all tend to struggle with, I think this is beacuse it is a virtue with many different aspects. Lately, God has been calling me to a greater humility and a deeper trust of his guidance in my life. Currently, I feel astray because I do not know what next year looks like at all. I've made a couple of decisions in my life, seeking to know God more and fall deeper in love with him - now things are changing and I feel left astray, but I know God is in me, He is in my heart, He is guiding me. Many of us feel this way, in some aspect, or have felt this way. Today's gospel really stood out to me, so it's will be posted below for you to refer to!

When they arrived at Bethsaida, they brought to him a blind man and begged him to touch him.
He took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village. Putting spittle on his eyes he laid his hands on him and asked, "Do you see anything?"
Looking up he replied, "I see people looking like trees and walking."
Then he laid hands on his eyes a second time and he saw clearly; his sight was restored and he could see everything distinctly.
Then he sent him home and said, "Do not even go into the village."  -Mark 8:22-26



Jesus is known for his humility, obviously. The Son of God chose to become man in order to save us. He completely surrendered himself for our redemption. In the parables, Jesus always says at the end to not go tell others, but for a person to keep to himself about the miracle Jesus performed. I believe God is asking us to be thankful for the gifts we have been given. He doesn't want us running around prideful - rather, he wants us joyful & spreading the truth through love and our actions. Therefore, we must thank God humbly realizing that our gifts are not of us, but are purely of God!

The other twist on this gospel came from a reflection I read today from The Word Among Us. In this reflection the author discusses Jesus having to lay his hands on the man's eyes a second time. Jesus is always calling us back to himself. He is the merciful Father. When we are far from him, he is calling our name desiring our repentance, desiring our return. This is the other aspect of humility. Recognizing that we need Christ. We cannot, cannot live this life alone. We cannot bear our cross alone. We need Christ to help us carry the cross because we are too weak without him and can do nothing without Him. We can do all things through him who empowers us(phil 4:13).

We, as human, are imperfect. We are going to fail. We are going to mess up. Recognize your faults and pray for the grace to grow from the mistakes. Pray for the grace to receive whatever you need to fully accomplish God's will. Only God knows exactly what we need, for he knows us better than we know ourselves!

Keep praying!
God bless!

In the love of Jesus&Mary,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment