Monday, February 21, 2011

The Curse of Perfectionism

Have you ever thought - "man, I am really stupid for saying that, I look like such an idiot, what was I thinking, why do I always seem to screw things up, always saying and doing the wrong thing"? I know I have, and do...all the time. This derives from perfectionism and the desire to do everything exactly perfect. This becomes a curse when you let it get to you and eat away at you all the time; many of us are guilty of this. This has been a major struggle for me in my life, especially recently.

In adoration the beginning of this month these thoughts came to mind

There is no blemish within you - Song of Songs 4:7

you are made perfectly
I see you as a pure child
you are my precious daughter
my memory is short
my mercy is great
& I see no blemish on you
you are beautiful
you are perfect
you are perfectly imperfect
I knit you in your mother's womb
you are fearfully and wonderfully made
there is no blemish within you
I love you as you are
for I made you special
you have a purpose
all your days are written in my book
(feb. 5th 2011)


"And I will put my spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws." - Ezekiel 36:27

Despite what we may think and how we may feel, we do not need to be so focused on perfecting every little detail of our lives. We do not completely ruin God's plan by saying something, he still works around it. We need not be focused on perfection, doing the "right" thing, and perfectly accomplishing everything. We are not perfect. It is in our nature to be imperfect. So long as the Holy Spirit is in us and we are striving to have a relationship with Christ, all will be okay. The Holy Spirit will be guiding our heart's desires. God can and will work with choices that we make. He works with our 'mistakes'. As long as we are trying to follow him and seeking his will things in life will turn out alright. God is great in mercy and has a deep love for his children, especially those who are close to him.

I am perfectly imperfect
I am made just the way I am for a reason
God has a purpose for me
He created me -
      In love, by love, for love
He is my Lord
The sovereign King
Far above all gods
He is:
         Jesus Christ
         Lord of all
And he made me
Formed me in my mother's womb

Like a lily among thorns is my maiden among men -Song of Songs 2:2
You are all beautiful my beloved, there is no blemish within you -Song of Songs 4:7
For you are my treasured possession -Exodus 19:5
(feb 7 2011)

You are perfectly imperfect
I love you as you are
You are special
You have a purpose
(feb 11 2011)

There is an appointed time for everything and a time for every affair under the heavens - Ecclesiastes 3:1
Be patient my child. Follow me with all your. Trust in me. All will happen in my time.

If we place our trust in the Lord, He will take care of the rest!

I wish to close with this - You don't have to be perfect; you just have to try your best to surrender to the Spirit. Jesus Christ will take care of the rest.

Keep praying!
God bless!

In the love of Jesus & Mary,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment