Monday, May 9, 2011

Modesty - It’s Not My Problem, He’s Just a Pervert

False, it is our problem, a he’s not a pervert, he’s simply a man and his brain is functioning the way God designed it to work. In my previous post we discussed much on impurity stemming from modesty. Modesty and impurity are two of the gravest sins one may commit. I say this one, because men commit impurity and think it’s perfectly okay. Women dress immodestly, and it’s the greatest sin they commit and think little of it. I say this 
two, because for men and women of God these two sins are their toughest battles.

Modesty is a woman’s daily battle. It is hard to dress modestly. It is hard to find clothes that are modest and fit proper. This task often requires longer shopping trips. It often requires spending more money. If you were to go through your wardrobe today, you may discover you need to throw out your entire closet minus a few select pieces. Therefore, make an effort to fight your battle. Save up money by not spending your money on music, ipods, movies, and other fun things in order to buy clothes so you can go out and know you are helping your brothers out by dressing modestly. Lastly, fight! Fight this battle for yourself and help your brothers fight their 
fight.

Matthew 5:27-28 “If you so much as look at a woman lustfully, you have already committed adultery in the heart.” Men of God, striving for holiness and purity, are the only people who really know how big of an issue this is. Priests, when asked, will tell you the most frequent sin brought to confession is impurity, coming from men who are struggling with all they have to remain pure. Women, it is our duty to step up to the plate and fight against our contemporary culture by dressing modestly. Therefore, love your neighbor as yourself by dressing modestly. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I read your Modesty-writings, especially these: "How a Man’s Mind Works – Different than Woman’s" + "Modesty - It’s Not My Problem, He’s Just a Pervert". Nice to notice how you love brothers in Christ. Well written. I am interested to speak more on this subject with you. Please contact me: tero.haapsaari[at]gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tero, I'm glad you've enjoyed these posts. What else would you like to discuss about this topic?

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your answer. I am starting new Christian blog with my wife. One of our themes would be modesty. I have noticed that it's forgotten virtue in today's Christianity. I am interested to interview you, 'cause you have written about this issue so much. And then publish this interview on our blog.. (of course you would have permission to this, also). And then we have a YouTube-video project about this topic. If you accept this kind of idea(s) and you are interested in, it would be more comfortable to discuss via e-mail... (This is my opinion..)

      Delete
    3. Nearly 2 months I have been waiting the continuation of the discussion... Why I want discuss with you? Because you are one of the few who understand that we are not perverts. And that's why it is a good starting point to continue conversation. Please contact me. Because I have got tired of those Christian women who does not want to understand their brothers In Christ, them, who struggle with lust. In Christ, Tero H.

      Delete