Thursday, January 20, 2011

All We Need Is...? Part 1

So often I try to rely on myself, be Miss Independent, and don't want help from anyone...including Christ. I would confidently say that many struggle with this. I confidently say that all of us struggle when it comes to fully relying on Christ, but in reality, all we need is Him. I would run out of fingers and toes if I were to try and count the times I have tried to rely on my own self, my own strength, to overcome a struggle, and every time I try this God smacks me in the head and I get my wake up call.

 "Hello Amber! Remember me? God... you know the one who created you? the one who loves you? the one who wants to help you? the one who you NEED to rely on? the one who will be your strength and uphold you?"

Lately, I have really been struggling in various little ways. The biggest thing has been defining myself; however, since we are defined as children of God it's rather hard to define who I am without God as the focus...and yet I try to...now that's not how it started. Originally, it was all through prayer and with the help of God, but that slowly faded, and He has called me back...yet again (as he always does).

We, as children of God, are called to first love Christ, then love others. Many don't grasp this. Many don't realize that before they can love another person, especially of the opposite sex, in an exclusive relationship, they must first love God. They must know who they are as a son or daughter of God and must be completely in love with the Lord before they are ready to discern. So tonight, I want to talk about relying fully on Jesus.

First, a little something from my personal prayer.

I need nothing, absolutely nothing, but my Jesus, to remain at peace, to experience joy, and to feel complete. 
         This is something we often tend to forget. We must constantly remember that we NEED Jesus. Jesus is our source of life and we need Him to make us whole. In order to experience true joy and true peace we must, must must must, rely on Him and make him our source of life.


This will be continued :)

God bless!
Keep persevering in prayer!
In the love of Jesus & Mary,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment