Monday, February 25, 2013

Love Part 1

For the past six weeks God has been revealing much to me about love. It has been an overwhelming theme in my prayer, in my day to day life (thus we are going to have a little series on what God has been teaching me on love). It all started when my heart was broken by a friend, but the goodness of God has overwhelmed me. He is the one satisfaction of my soul.

My heart was broken, in order for me to further grow in love, and to learn more about the love God has for me. In this time hurt that I had to experience, I questioned my own worth. I found myself asking why I wasn't I good enough, what made me unworthy, etc? These questions; however, were not from me nor from God, but the attack on my own dignity, my own worth, and the one in whom my worth and dignity rests.

One night I was really struggling with this and I wrote out my feelings in my journal, and then I cried in my room for a while, and then I decided it would be best for me to not hide away, but seek out someone who loves me and who can uplift. Therefore, I sought out my sisters. When they saw I was upset, they already knew what it was about, and asked if I wanted to talk. I told them no, I just wanted to be with someone, so I rested my head on my sister's leg while she worked and eventually I told them what was going on and how I was feeling and questioning my own worth, and the other girl who was up there started to read to me from Prov. 31:10
"Who can find a woman of worth? Far beyond jewels is her value. Her husband trusts her judgement; he does not lack income. She brings good and not evil all the days of her life. She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs at the days to come. She opens her mouth in wisdom, and on her tongue is kindly counsel. Many are the women of proven worth, but you have extolled them all. Charm is deceptive and beauty fleeting; the woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. "

Our dignity, our worth, our satisfaction - it all rests in the Lord. Our Father in heaven is watching over us, protecting us, guiding us, leading us on a path well marked out for us. He knows when we sit and when we stand (Ps. 139). In order to know the depth of God's love for us we must be broken, so that we can seek him more fully - seek him to satisfy the hunger and thirst of our souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment