Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sufficient Grace

{“My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.” I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me. Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong.} 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

"Thanksgiving - giving thanks in everything - prepares the way that God might show us His fullest salvation in Christ. ..Christ breaks His heart to heal ours... thanksgiving is what precedes the miracle of that salvation being fully worked out in our lives.  Thanksgiving - giving thanks in everything -  is what prepares the way for salvation's whole restoration." pg 40 One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp 

As any of my regular readers may know, life has been a little crazy. I'm taking a medical leave of absence from school, I have been diagnosed with Chronic Daily Headaches, and am in physical therapy to help that and just started medication to help as well. In addition, there has been financial struggle, and also my heart broken by the loss of a friend. So in the last month I, at times, felt my life, my world as I knew it was falling apart, and all I could do was seek Christ. 

This weekend I was blessed to go on a retreat that I had been on before, and actually play leadership roles this weekend. Anyway, Saturday afternoon we had an opportunity for confession and adoration. 

It was by far one of the most powerful adoration experiences I have ever had. Simply resting in the presence of Christ, allowing Him to speak to my heart, and to be content just being in his presence. Not having to say anything, just to be silent and present to the Lord. 

In our weakness we are made strong. Give thanks in everything.  As challenging as life has been in the trials I have been given, in being shown my own weakness, and in suffering - all is made perfect for God's grace is sufficient. We must give thanks, and rejoice in all things, including suffering for that is how we experience the fullness of life. That is how we find joy in all things. Suffering, hurting - it means we are growing, growing in love. So even though there has been much suffering in my life I can still rejoice because God is about a good work and is further revealing the depth of his love for me. 

May we seek Christ in all our trials, and trust that He is leading us closer to himself in the challenges of day to day life - and give thanks that He has made us to serve Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment