Wednesday, January 23, 2013

God's Love Surpasses All

The other night I received news that well I wasn't expecting, that was rather upsetting. I quickly ran to one of my sisters - unsure of my emotions in the moment, and soon start sobbing. She sits with me and holds me while I cry and be angry and hurt and sad and feel all these emotions all at once. I felt so frustrated because it was like this news was the icing on top of the cake for the last three months. Being sick with chronic headaches is seriously the worst thing ever, and can be quite discouraging. And there had just been a lot of not so happy things, though I did my best to look for the good in life. But as I'm sitting there sobbing, frustrated beyond measure I look up and see the cross, and quickly my heart calms. I look at the cross and think to myself  'God's love surpasses all'. No matter how terrible life may seem, God's love covers it.

As women we tend to get hurt in relationships. We pour our hearts out to others, we give all our love, and truly invest in others, only to often times be rejected, overlooked, misunderstood, forgotten, set aside, etc. Time and time again I've felt this way. And that was just one of the things that went wrong that night.

But looking at the cross, I was brought so much peace. God's love. That's all we need. He died for us. He covered all our sin. He loved me so much that even when he fell as he carried his cross, not getting up again was not an option for him because he knew I needed him, and needed his love. He knew each one of us needed him and needed his love. Otherwise we wouldn't make it in this life.

So even when life seems to suck, and it feels everything is going wrong (at least according to what you think you want) God's love surpasses all, he has it under control. His plan is perfect, and his love and mercy is unending.

"For I know well the plans I have in mind for you—says the LORD—plans for your welfare and not for woe, so as to give you a future of hope.When you call me, and come and pray to me, I will listen to you. When you look for me, you will find me. Yes, when you seek me with all your heart" -Jeremiah 29:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment