Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday Memo

"For some time past I had,
indulged the fancy of offering myself up to the Child Jesus as a plaything,
for him to do what he liked with me. 
I don't mean an expensive plaything; 
give a child an expensive toy and he will sit looking at it without daring to touch it.
But a toy of no value - a ball, say - is all at his disposal."
-St. Therese of Lisieux


St. Therese is one of my favorite saints. She chose me as one of her own, to help draw closer the good Lord, and I could never be more thankful to have been put under the watch of such a beautiful saint. 


I've heard this quote, and read it a hundred times over. It's one of my favorites, and has a slightly different meaning each time I read it. 


Brothers and sisters, St. Therese is telling to offer ourselves to the Lord so he can use us as He wishes. We each are unique persons, and have our own gifts and talents. May we surrender our gifts and talents to the Lord so he may draw us ever closer to him and use our gifts and talents for the glory and building up of His Kingdom!


God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment