Thursday, December 16, 2010

Who Am I? Part 1

Tonight I decided I am going to write a short series of posts with something I have praying with. Each post will break down this quote and what came from it in my prayer. The quote: "You are a daughter of God. You are Sacred. Your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit." It is a topic I am very passionate about, so please bear with me.
You are a daughter of God.

We are daughters of God. We were made by God and for God! He made us with a purpose and has a reason for us to be on this earth. He loves us and we belong to Him!

"I belong to someone because I belong to God. God is the only one who can define me!" Relationships with other people are not going to help define who you are and cannot let them define who you are. God is going to define you. God needs to define you! God must define you! You are a daughter of God and your purpose in this life is to know, love, and serve Him. He loves you. You belong to Him. You are a daughter of God who is fearfully and wonderfully made!

You are a daughter of God - What does this mean?
This means I have a purpose. This means I belong to someone who is perfectin everyway. This means I am a princess and in the eyes of my Father I am perfect.
This means I am called to love: God, friends, enemies, strangers, family, everyone, including myself, unconditionally.
This means I am called to serve and to lay my life down, to surrender my own wants and desires to the Lord. This means I am to lay my life down for my savior and give him everything, bring everything to Him!
Lastly, I am called to know. I am called to communicate with him. We must be able to tell him everything and anything, but we also must listen and hear what he has to say! Therefore, as a daughter of God I have a purpose to know, love, and serve God; I belong to God.
Being a daughter of God also means I am not alone because I have all of heaven with me, helping me, nudging and guiding me down the right path. I also have my earthly brothers and sisters to push me to grow in holiness, to pray for me and to help me.
As a daughter of God, I am beautiful. I was made for a special purpose, which comes with the general purpose to know, love, and serve God. Most importantly, I need to recognize that as God's creation I am beautiful and am most beautiful when the love of the Lord penetrates my heart so much that it explodes out and shines through; for all beauty comes from the Lord. He made me beautiful and perfect, just the way I am.

I am aware that I used "I" as I shared these thoughts with you, however, I want all to know that this applies to each creation...male or female, I chose I and daughter because it was easiest for me to reiterate from my prayer as I and I am a daughter of God.

God bless!
Keep praying!
In Jesus&Mary,
Amber

2 comments:

  1. beautiful! just what i needed to hear today! please keep me in your prayers, i'm going through a lot :) God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww of course my dear! I will definitely pray for you! and if you need to talk, I'm all ears :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete