Monday, March 21, 2011

Love

Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, (love) is not pompous, it is not inflateit is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things (1 Corinthians 13).

The past 5 days I have been on vacation in Memphis, where I have an apartment to myself all day and then adventure with my dad in the evenings. The beauty of it is that I have the days all to my self. During this time I chose to not watch television. Instead, I went for walks, took a morning run, and prayed. The weather here is gorgeous; therefore, I was able to truly see God's beauty and see beauty in this world. I have experienced so much peace here, by letting God love me and allowing myself to be wrapped up in the love of God.

Sunday, I went to mass, where I absolutely loved the readings, but then dad and I rode his motorcycle. We rode for three hours through the country and I had the opportunity to absorb the beauty, pray the rosary, and pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet. It was AMAZING, beyond words. While we were riding I kept thinking I love this place. I love the weather here. I love how relaxed and peaceful I've felt. I love, I love, I love. And I began to just reflect on how in love I was. All the while I was missing Columbus, OH because I love home as well. And I realized as I was reflecting on this love that I love all these because I love God. God created all these things that I love, so when I am in love God, my love for other things grows as well because God is in all these things and created all these things.

I discovered this love in silence. In the silence of my dad's apartment. In the silence of prayerful reflection, where there was minimal noise. Today, I encourage you to make silence in your life. Give time for Christ. Allow yourself to fall in love with our Savior, Jesus Christ!

God bless!
Keep praying!

In the love of Jesus & Mary,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment